New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote Ubuntu host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote Ubuntu 20.04 LTS host has packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the USN-4525-1 advisory.
- A memory leak in the ccp_run_sha_cmd() function in drivers/crypto/ccp/ccp-ops.c in the Linux kernel through 5.3.9 allows attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption), aka CID-128c66429247.
- A memory leak in the cx23888_ir_probe() function in drivers/media/pci/cx23885/cx23888-ir.c in the Linux kernel through 5.3.11 allows attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) by triggering kfifo_alloc() failures, aka CID-a7b2df76b42b. (CVE-2019-19054)
- The VFIO PCI driver in the Linux kernel through 5.6.13 mishandles attempts to access disabled memory space. (CVE-2020-12888)
- The Linux kernel through 5.7.11 allows remote attackers to make observations that help to obtain sensitive information about the internal state of the network RNG, aka CID-f227e3ec3b5c. This is related to drivers/char/random.c and kernel/time/timer.c. (CVE-2020-16166)
- A TOCTOU mismatch in the NFS client code in the Linux kernel before 5.8.3 could be used by local attackers to corrupt memory or possibly have unspecified other impact because a size check is in fs/nfs/nfs4proc.c instead of fs/nfs/nfs4xdr.c, aka CID-b4487b935452. (CVE-2020-25212)
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.