New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Ubuntu host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote Ubuntu 16.04 LTS / 18.04 LTS host has packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the USN-4526-1 advisory.
- In the Android kernel in F2FS driver there is a possible out of bounds read due to a missing bounds check.
This could lead to local information disclosure with system execution privileges needed. User interaction is not needed for exploitation. (CVE-2019-9445)
- A memory leak in the ccp_run_sha_cmd() function in drivers/crypto/ccp/ccp-ops.c in the Linux kernel through 5.3.9 allows attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption), aka CID-128c66429247.
- A memory leak in the cx23888_ir_probe() function in drivers/media/pci/cx23885/cx23888-ir.c in the Linux kernel through 5.3.11 allows attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) by triggering kfifo_alloc() failures, aka CID-a7b2df76b42b. (CVE-2019-19054)
- A memory leak in the adis_update_scan_mode_burst() function in drivers/iio/imu/adis_buffer.c in the Linux kernel before 5.3.9 allows attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption), aka CID-9c0530e898f3. (CVE-2019-19061)
- ** DISPUTED ** Four memory leaks in the acp_hw_init() function in drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_acp.c in the Linux kernel before 5.3.8 allow attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) by triggering mfd_add_hotplug_devices() or pm_genpd_add_device() failures, aka CID-57be09c6e874. NOTE: third parties dispute the relevance of this because the attacker must already have privileges for module loading. (CVE-2019-19067)
- Memory leaks in drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/htc_hst.c in the Linux kernel through 5.3.11 allow attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) by triggering wait_for_completion_timeout() failures. This affects the htc_config_pipe_credits() function, the htc_setup_complete() function, and the htc_connect_service() function, aka CID-853acf7caf10. (CVE-2019-19073)
- A memory leak in the ath9k_wmi_cmd() function in drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/wmi.c in the Linux kernel through 5.3.11 allows attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption), aka CID-728c1e2a05e4.
- The VFIO PCI driver in the Linux kernel through 5.6.13 mishandles attempts to access disabled memory space. (CVE-2020-12888)
- A flaw null pointer dereference in the Linux kernel cgroupv2 subsystem in versions before 5.7.10 was found in the way when reboot the system. A local user could use this flaw to crash the system or escalate their privileges on the system. (CVE-2020-14356)
- The Linux kernel through 5.7.11 allows remote attackers to make observations that help to obtain sensitive information about the internal state of the network RNG, aka CID-f227e3ec3b5c. This is related to drivers/char/random.c and kernel/time/timer.c. (CVE-2020-16166)
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.