New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.7
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the qemu-kvm packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- QEMU: reachable assertion failure in net_tx_pkt_add_raw_fragment() in hw/net/net_tx_pkt.c (CVE-2020-16092)
- An out-of-bounds read/write access flaw was found in the USB emulator of the QEMU. This issue occurs while processing USB packets from a guest when USBDevice 'setup_len' exceeds its 'data_buf' in the do_token_in, do_token_out routines. This flaw allows a guest user to crash the QEMU process, resulting in a denial of service, or the potential execution of arbitrary code with the privileges of the QEMU process on the host.(CVE-2020-14364)
- A use after free vulnerability in ip_reass() in ip_input.c of libslirp 4.2.0 and prior releases allows crafted packets to cause a denial of service.(CVE-2020-1983)
- hw/net/xgmac.c in the XGMAC Ethernet controller in QEMU before 07-20-2020 has a buffer overflow. This occurs during packet transmission and affects the highbank and midway emulated machines. A guest user or process could use this flaw to crash the QEMU process on the host, resulting in a denial of service or potential privileged code execution. This was fixed in commit 5519724a13664b43e225ca05351c60b4468e4555.(CVE-2020-1586 3)
- The (1) v9fs_create and (2) v9fs_lcreate functions in hw/9pfs/9p.c in QEMU (aka Quick Emulator) allow local guest OS privileged users to cause a denial of service (file descriptor or memory consumption) via vectors related to an already in-use fid.(CVE-2017-7377)
- QEMU 4.1.0 has a memory leak in zrle_compress_data in ui/vnc-enc-zrle.c during a VNC disconnect operation because libz is misused, resulting in a situation where memory allocated in deflateInit2 is not freed in deflateEnd.(CVE-2019-20382)
- sd_wp_addr in hw/sd/sd.c in QEMU 4.2.0 uses an unvalidated address, which leads to an out-of-bounds read during sdhci_write() operations. A guest OS user can crash the QEMU process.(CVE-2020-13253)
- In QEMU 5.0.0 and earlier, es1370_transfer_audio in hw/audio/es1370.c does not properly validate the frame count, which allows guest OS users to trigger an out-of-bounds access during an es1370_write() operation.(CVE-2020-13361)
- In QEMU 5.0.0 and earlier, megasas_lookup_frame in hw/scsi/megasas.c has an out-of-bounds read via a crafted reply_queue_head field from a guest OS user.(CVE-2020-13362)
- address_space_map in exec.c in QEMU 4.2.0 can trigger a NULL pointer dereference related to BounceBuffer.(CVE-2020-13659)
- hw/pci/pci.c in QEMU 4.2.0 allows guest OS users to trigger an out-of-bounds access by providing an address near the end of the PCI configuration space.(CVE-2020-13791)
- rom_copy() in hw/core/loader.c in QEMU 4.1.0 does not validate the relationship between two addresses, which allows attackers to trigger an invalid memory copy operation.(CVE-2020-13765)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected qemu-kvm packages.