New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.4
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the qemu package installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- tftp.c in libslirp 4.1.0, as used in QEMU 4.2.0, does not prevent ..\ directory traversal on Windows.(CVE-2020-7211)
- interface_release_resource in hw/display/qxl.c in QEMU 4.0.0 has a NULL pointer dereference.(CVE-2019-12155)
- QEMU 3.0.0 has an Integer Overflow because the qga/commands*.c files do not check the length of the argument list or the number of environment variables.
NOTE: This has been disputed as not exploitable.(CVE-2019-12247)
- qemu-bridge-helper.c in QEMU 4.0.0 does not ensure that a network interface name (obtained from bridge.conf or a --br=bridge option) is limited to the IFNAMSIZ size, which can lead to an ACL bypass.(CVE-2019-13164)
- ip_reass in ip_input.c in libslirp 4.0.0 has a heap-based buffer overflow via a large packet because it mishandles a case involving the first fragment.(CVE-2019-14378)
- An issue was discovered in ide_dma_cb() in hw/ide/core.c in QEMU 2.4.0 through 4.2.0. The guest system can crash the QEMU process in the host system via a special SCSI_IOCTL_SEND_COMMAND. It hits an assertion that implies that the size of successful DMA transfers there must be a multiple of 512 (the size of a sector). NOTE: a member of the QEMU security team disputes the significance of this issue because a 'privileged guest user has many ways to cause similar DoS effect, without triggering this assert.'(CVE-2019-20175)
- hw/sparc64/sun4u.c in QEMU 3.1.50 is vulnerable to a NULL pointer dereference, which allows the attacker to cause a denial of service via a device driver.(CVE-2019-5008)
- An OOB heap buffer r/w access issue was found in the NVM Express Controller emulation in QEMU. It could occur in nvme_cmb_ops routines in nvme device. A guest user/process could use this flaw to crash the QEMU process resulting in DoS or potentially run arbitrary code with privileges of the QEMU process.(CVE-2018-16847)
- hw/rdma/vmw/pvrdma_cmd.c in QEMU allows attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference or excessive memory allocation) in create_cq_ring or create_qp_rings.(CVE-2018-20125)
- QEMU can have an infinite loop in hw/rdma/vmw/pvrdma_dev_ring.c because return values are not checked (and -1 is mishandled).(CVE-2018-20216)
- The load_multiboot function in hw/i386/multiboot.c in Quick Emulator (aka QEMU) allows local guest OS users to execute arbitrary code on the QEMU host via a mh_load_end_addr value greater than mh_bss_end_addr, which triggers an out-of-bounds read or write memory access.(CVE-2018-7550)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected qemu packages.