SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- In the Linux kernel 5.4.0-rc2, there is a use-after-free (read) in the __blk_add_trace function in kernel/trace/blktrace.c (which is used to fill out a blk_io_trace structure and place it in a per-cpu sub-buffer).(CVE-2019-19768)
- The Linux kernel through 5.3.13 has a start_offset+size Integer Overflow in cpia2_remap_buffer in drivers/media/usb/cpia2/cpia2_core.c because cpia2 has its own mmap implementation. This allows local users (with /dev/video0 access) to obtain read and write permissions on kernel physical pages, which can possibly result in a privilege escalation.(CVE-2019-18675)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 5.5.6. set_fdc in drivers/block/floppy.c leads to a wait_til_ready out-of-bounds read because the FDC index is not checked for errors before assigning it, aka CID-2e90ca68b0d2.(CVE-2020-9383)
- There is a use-after-free vulnerability in the Linux kernel through 5.5.2 in the vgacon_invert_region function in drivers/video/console/vgacon.c.(CVE-2020-8649)
- There is a use-after-free vulnerability in the Linux kernel through 5.5.2 in the vc_do_resize function in drivers/tty/vt/vt.c.(CVE-2020-8647)
- The time subsystem in the Linux kernel, when CONFIG_TIMER_STATS is enabled, allows local users to discover real PID values (as distinguished from PID values inside a PID namespace) by reading the /proc/timer_list file, related to the print_timer function in kernel/time/timer_list.c and the
__timer_stats_timer_set_start_info function in kernel/time/timer.c.(CVE-2017-5967)
- ** RESERVED ** This candidate has been reserved by an organization or individual that will use it when announcing a new security problem. When the candidate has been publicized, the details for this candidate will be provided.(CVE-2014-8181)
- ext4_protect_reserved_inode in fs/ext4/block_validity.c in the Linux kernel through 5.5.3 allows attackers to cause a denial of service (soft lockup) via a crafted journal size.(CVE-2020-8992)
- ** REJECT ** DO NOT USE THIS CANDIDATE NUMBER.
ConsultIDs: CVE-2020-12826. Reason: This candidate is a duplicate of CVE-2020-12826. Notes: All CVE users should reference CVE-2020-12826 instead of this candidate. All references and descriptions in this candidate have been removed to prevent accidental usage.(CVE-2020-10741)
- A signal access-control issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.6.5, aka CID-7395ea4e65c2.
Because exec_id in include/linux/sched.h is only 32 bits, an integer overflow can interfere with a do_notify_parent protection mechanism. A child process can send an arbitrary signal to a parent process in a different security domain. Exploitation limitations include the amount of elapsed time before an integer overflow occurs, and the lack of scenarios where signals to a parent process present a substantial operational threat.(CVE-2020-12826)
- gadget_dev_desc_UDC_store in drivers/usb/gadget/configfs.c in the Linux kernel through 5.6.13 relies on kstrdup without considering the possibility of an internal '\0' value, which allows attackers to trigger an out-of-bounds read, aka CID-15753588bcd4.(CVE-2020-13143)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 5.6.11. sg_write lacks an sg_remove_request call in a certain failure case, aka CID-83c6f2390040.(CVE-2020-12770)
- An issue was found in Linux kernel before 5.5.4.
mwifiex_ret_wmm_get_status() in drivers/net/wireless/marvell/mwifiex/wmm.c allows a remote AP to trigger a heap-based buffer overflow because of an incorrect memcpy, aka CID-3a9b153c5591.(CVE-2020-12654)
- An issue was found in Linux kernel before 5.5.4. The mwifiex_cmd_append_vsie_tlv() function in drivers/net/wireless/marvell/mwifiex/scan.c allows local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service because of an incorrect memcpy and buffer overflow, aka CID-b70261a288ea.(CVE-2020-12653)
- usb_sg_cancel in drivers/usb/core/message.c in the Linux kernel before 5.6.8 has a use-after-free because a transfer occurs without a reference, aka CID-056ad39ee925.(CVE-2020-12464)
- The __mptctl_ioctl function in drivers/message/fusion/mptctl.c in the Linux kernel before 5.4.14 allows local users to hold an incorrect lock during the ioctl operation and trigger a race condition, i.e., a 'double fetch' vulnerability, aka CID-28d76df18f0a. NOTE: the vendor states 'The security impact of this bug is not as bad as it could have been because these operations are all privileged and root already has enormous destructive power.'(CVE-2020-12652)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.6.1, drivers/media/usb/gspca/xirlink_cit.c (aka the Xirlink camera USB driver) mishandles invalid descriptors, aka CID-a246b4d54770.(CVE-2020-11668)
- An issue was discovered in the stv06xx subsystem in the Linux kernel before 5.6.1.
drivers/media/usb/gspca/stv06xx/stv06xx.c and drivers/media/usb/gspca/stv06xx/stv06xx_pb0100.c mishandle invalid descriptors, as demonstrated by a NULL pointer dereference, aka CID-485b06aadb93.(CVE-2020-11609)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.6.1. drivers/media/usb/gspca/ov519.c allows NULL pointer dereferences in ov511_mode_init_regs and ov518_mode_init_regs when there are zero endpoints, aka CID-998912346c0d.(CVE-2020-11608)
- ** DISPUTED ** An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 5.6.2. mpol_parse_str in mm/mempolicy.c has a stack-based out-of-bounds write because an empty nodelist is mishandled during mount option parsing, aka CID-aa9f7d5172fa. NOTE: Someone in the security community disagrees that this is a vulnerability because the issue 'is a bug in parsing mount options which can only be specified by a privileged user, so triggering the bug does not grant any powers not already held.'.(CVE-2020-11565)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.4.12, drivers/input/input.c has out-of-bounds writes via a crafted keycode table, as demonstrated by input_set_keycode, aka CID-cb222aed03d7.(CVE-2019-20636)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.5.8, get_raw_socket in drivers/vhost/net.c lacks validation of an sk_family field, which might allow attackers to trigger kernel stack corruption via crafted system calls.(CVE-2020-10942)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.