SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- In the Linux kernel 5.0.21, mounting a crafted f2fs filesystem image can cause a NULL pointer dereference in f2fs_recover_fsync_data in fs/f2fs/recovery.c. This is related to F2FS_P_SB in fs/f2fs/f2fs.h.(CVE-2019-19815)
- ** DISPUTED ** __btrfs_free_extent in fs/btrfs/extent-tree.c in the Linux kernel through 5.3.12 calls btrfs_print_leaf in a certain ENOENT case, which allows local users to obtain potentially sensitive information about register values via the dmesg program. NOTE: The BTRFS development team disputes this issues as not being a vulnerability because '1) The kernel provide facilities to restrict access to dmesg - dmesg_restrict=1 sysctl option. So it's really up to the system administrator to judge whether dmesg access shall be disallowed or not. 2) WARN/WARN_ON are widely used macros in the linux kernel. If this CVE is considered valid this would mean there are literally thousands CVE lurking in the kernel
- something which clearly is not the case.'(CVE-2019-19039)
- ext4_empty_dir in fs/ext4/namei.c in the Linux kernel through 5.3.12 allows a NULL pointer dereference because ext4_read_dirblock(inode,0,DIRENT_HTREE) can be zero.(CVE-2019-19037)
- btrfs_root_node in fs/btrfs/ctree.c in the Linux kernel through 5.3.12 allows a NULL pointer dereference because rcu_dereference(root->node) can be zero.(CVE-2019-19036)
- ** DISPUTED ** In the Linux kernel 4.19.83, there is a use-after-free (read) in the debugfs_remove function in fs/debugfs/inode.c (which is used to remove a file or directory in debugfs that was previously created with a call to another debugfs function such as debugfs_create_file). NOTE: Linux kernel developers dispute this issue as not being an issue with debugfs, instead this is an issue with misuse of debugfs within blktrace.(CVE-2019-19770)
- An issue was discovered in slc_bump in drivers/net/can/slcan.c in the Linux kernel through 5.6.2. It allows attackers to read uninitialized can_frame data, potentially containing sensitive information from kernel stack memory, if the configuration lacks CONFIG_INIT_STACK_ALL, aka CID-b9258a2cece4.(CVE-2020-11494)
- ** DISPUTED ** An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 5.6.2. mpol_parse_str in mm/mempolicy.c has a stack-based out-of-bounds write because an empty nodelist is mishandled during mount option parsing, aka CID-aa9f7d5172fa. NOTE: Someone in the security community disagrees that this is a vulnerability because the issue 'is a bug in parsing mount options which can only be specified by a privileged user, so triggering the bug does not grant any powers not already held.'.(CVE-2020-11565)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's implementation of some networking protocols in IPsec, such as VXLAN and GENEVE tunnels over IPv6. When an encrypted tunnel is created between two hosts, the kernel isn't correctly routing tunneled data over the encrypted link rather sending the data unencrypted. This would allow anyone in between the two endpoints to read the traffic unencrypted. The main threat from this vulnerability is to data confidentiality.(CVE-2020-1749)
- An issue was discovered in the stv06xx subsystem in the Linux kernel before 5.6.1.
drivers/media/usb/gspca/stv06xx/stv06xx.c and drivers/media/usb/gspca/stv06xx/stv06xx_pb0100.c mishandle invalid descriptors, as demonstrated by a NULL pointer dereference, aka CID-485b06aadb93.(CVE-2020-11609)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.6.1. drivers/media/usb/gspca/ov519.c allows NULL pointer dereferences in ov511_mode_init_regs and ov518_mode_init_regs when there are zero endpoints, aka CID-998912346c0d.(CVE-2020-11608)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.4.12, drivers/input/input.c has out-of-bounds writes via a crafted keycode table, as demonstrated by input_set_keycode, aka CID-cb222aed03d7.(CVE-2019-20636)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.6.1, drivers/media/usb/gspca/xirlink_cit.c (aka the Xirlink camera USB driver) mishandles invalid descriptors, aka CID-a246b4d54770.(CVE-2020-11668)
- In f2fs_xattr_generic_list of xattr.c, there is a possible out of bounds read due to a missing bounds check. This could lead to local information disclosure with System execution privileges needed. User interaction is not required for exploitation.Product:
Android. Versions: Android kernel. Android ID:
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.2 on the powerpc platform.
arch/powerpc/kernel/idle_book3s.S does not have save/restore functionality for PNV_POWERSAVE_AMR, PNV_POWERSAVE_UAMOR, and PNV_POWERSAVE_AMOR, aka CID-53a712bae5dd.(CVE-2020-11669)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.5.8, get_raw_socket in drivers/vhost/net.c lacks validation of an sk_family field, which might allow attackers to trigger kernel stack corruption via crafted system calls.(CVE-2020-10942)
- In the Linux kernel 5.0.21, mounting a crafted btrfs filesystem image, performing some operations, and unmounting can lead to a use-after-free in btrfs_queue_work in fs/btrfs/async-thread.c.(CVE-2019-19377)
- relay_open in kernel/relay.c in the Linux kernel through 5.4.1 allows local users to cause a denial of service (such as relay blockage) by triggering a NULL alloc_percpu result.(CVE-2019-19462)
- An issue was discovered in xfs_agf_verify in fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_alloc.c in the Linux kernel through 5.6.10. Attackers may trigger a sync of excessive duration via an XFS v5 image with crafted metadata, aka CID-d0c7feaf8767.(CVE-2020-12655)
- The __mptctl_ioctl function in drivers/message/fusion/mptctl.c in the Linux kernel before 5.4.14 allows local users to hold an incorrect lock during the ioctl operation and trigger a race condition, i.e., a 'double fetch' vulnerability, aka CID-28d76df18f0a. NOTE: the vendor states 'The security impact of this bug is not as bad as it could have been because these operations are all privileged and root already has enormous destructive power.'(CVE-2020-12652)
- A pivot_root race condition in fs/namespace.c in the Linux kernel 4.4.x before 4.4.221, 4.9.x before 4.9.221, 4.14.x before 4.14.178, 4.19.x before 4.19.119, and 5.x before 5.3 allows local users to cause a denial of service (panic) by corrupting a mountpoint reference counter.(CVE-2020-12114)
- usb_sg_cancel in drivers/usb/core/message.c in the Linux kernel before 5.6.8 has a use-after-free because a transfer occurs without a reference, aka CID-056ad39ee925.(CVE-2020-12464)
- An issue was found in Linux kernel before 5.5.4.
mwifiex_ret_wmm_get_status() in drivers/net/wireless/marvell/mwifiex/wmm.c allows a remote AP to trigger a heap-based buffer overflow because of an incorrect memcpy, aka CID-3a9b153c5591.(CVE-2020-12654)
- An issue was found in Linux kernel before 5.5.4. The mwifiex_cmd_append_vsie_tlv() function in drivers/net/wireless/marvell/mwifiex/scan.c allows local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service because of an incorrect memcpy and buffer overflow, aka CID-b70261a288ea.(CVE-2020-12653)
- An array overflow was discovered in mt76_add_fragment in drivers/net/wireless/mediatek/mt76/dma.c in the Linux kernel before 5.5.10, aka CID-b102f0c522cf. An oversized packet with too many rx fragments can corrupt memory of adjacent pages.(CVE-2020-12465)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.6.7. xdp_umem_reg in net/xdp/xdp_umem.c has an out-of-bounds write (by a user with the CAP_NET_ADMIN capability) because of a lack of headroom validation.(CVE-2020-12659)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 5.6.11. btree_gc_coalesce in drivers/md/bcache/btree.c has a deadlock if a coalescing operation fails.(CVE-2020-12771)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 5.6.11. sg_write lacks an sg_remove_request call in a certain failure case, aka CID-83c6f2390040.(CVE-2020-12770)
- A signal access-control issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.6.5, aka CID-7395ea4e65c2.
Because exec_id in include/linux/sched.h is only 32 bits, an integer overflow can interfere with a do_notify_parent protection mechanism. A child process can send an arbitrary signal to a parent process in a different security domain. Exploitation limitations include the amount of elapsed time before an integer overflow occurs, and the lack of scenarios where signals to a parent process present a substantial operational threat.(CVE-2020-12826)
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw was found in the Linux kernel's SELinux subsystem in versions before 5.7. This flaw occurs while importing the Commercial IP Security Option (CIPSO) protocol's category bitmap into the SELinux extensible bitmap via the' ebitmap_netlbl_import' routine. While processing the CIPSO restricted bitmap tag in the 'cipso_v4_parsetag_rbm' routine, it sets the security attribute to indicate that the category bitmap is present, even if it has not been allocated. This issue leads to a NULL pointer dereference issue while importing the same category bitmap into SELinux. This flaw allows a remote network user to crash the system kernel, resulting in a denial of service.(CVE-2020-10711)
- gadget_dev_desc_UDC_store in drivers/usb/gadget/configfs.c in the Linux kernel through 5.6.13 relies on kstrdup without considering the possibility of an internal '\0' value, which allows attackers to trigger an out-of-bounds read, aka CID-15753588bcd4.(CVE-2020-13143)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.2.
There is a NULL pointer dereference in tw5864_handle_frame() in drivers/media/pci/tw5864/tw5864-video.c, which may cause denial of service, aka CID-2e7682ebfc75.(CVE-2019-20806)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.