SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the qemu-kvm packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- In libslirp 4.1.0, as used in QEMU 4.2.0, tcp_subr.c misuses snprintf return values, leading to a buffer overflow in later code.(CVE-2020-8608)
- Integer overflow in the VNC display driver in QEMU before 2.1.0 allows attachers to cause a denial of service (process crash) via a CLIENT_CUT_TEXT message, which triggers an infinite loop.(CVE-2015-5239)
- The ne2000_receive function in hw/net/ne2000.c in QEMU before 22.214.171.124 allows attackers to cause a denial of service (infinite loop and instance crash) or possibly execute arbitrary code via vectors related to receiving packets.(CVE-2015-5278)
- Buffer overflow in the send_control_msg function in hw/char/virtio-serial-bus.c in QEMU before 2.4.0 allows guest users to cause a denial of service (QEMU process crash) via a crafted virtio control message.(CVE-2015-5745)
- tcp_emu in tcp_subr.c in libslirp 4.1.0, as used in QEMU 4.2.0, mismanages memory, as demonstrated by IRC DCC commands in EMU_IRC. This can cause a heap-based buffer overflow or other out-of-bounds access which can lead to a DoS or potential execute arbitrary code.(CVE-2020-7039)
- Qemu before version 2.9 is vulnerable to an improper link following when built with the VirtFS. A privileged user inside guest could use this flaw to access host file system beyond the shared folder and potentially escalating their privileges on a host.(CVE-2016-9602)
- The ohci_service_ed_list function in hw/usb/hcd-ohci.c in QEMU (aka Quick Emulator) before 2.9.0 allows local guest OS users to cause a denial of service (infinite loop) via vectors involving the number of link endpoint list descriptors, a different vulnerability than CVE-2017-9330.(CVE-2017-6505)
- qmp_guest_file_read in qga/commands-posix.c and qga/commands-win32.c in qemu-ga (aka QEMU Guest Agent) in QEMU 2.12.50 has an integer overflow causing a g_malloc0() call to trigger a segmentation fault when trying to allocate a large memory chunk. The vulnerability can be exploited by sending a crafted QMP command (including guest-file-read with a large count value) to the agent via the listening socket.(CVE-2018-12617)
- Memory leak in hw/audio/ac97.c in QEMU (aka Quick Emulator) allows local guest OS privileged users to cause a denial of service (host memory consumption and QEMU process crash) via a large number of device unplug operations.(CVE-2017-5525)
- Memory leak in hw/audio/es1370.c in QEMU (aka Quick Emulator) allows local guest OS privileged users to cause a denial of service (host memory consumption and QEMU process crash) via a large number of device unplug operations.(CVE-2017-5526)
- QEMU (aka Quick Emulator) before 2.9.0, when built with the USB OHCI Emulation support, allows local guest OS users to cause a denial of service (infinite loop) by leveraging an incorrect return value, a different vulnerability than CVE-2017-6505.(CVE-2017-9330)
- v9fs_wstat in hw/9pfs/9p.c in QEMU allows guest OS users to cause a denial of service (crash) because of a race condition during file renaming.(CVE-2018-19489)
- hw/9pfs/cofile.c and hw/9pfs/9p.c in QEMU can modify an fid path while it is being accessed by a second thread, leading to (for example) a use-after-free outcome.(CVE-2018-19364)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected qemu-kvm packages.