New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- In the Linux kernel 5.0.21, mounting a crafted btrfs filesystem image, performing some operations, and unmounting can lead to a use-after-free in btrfs_queue_work in fs/btrfs/async-thread.c.(CVE-2019-19377)
- The fix for CVE-2019-11599, affecting the Linux kernel before 5.0.10 was not complete. A local user could use this flaw to obtain sensitive information, cause a denial of service, or possibly have other unspecified impacts by triggering a race condition with mmget_not_zero or get_task_mm calls.(CVE-2019-14898)
- A pivot_root race condition in fs/namespace.c in the Linux kernel 4.4.x before 4.4.221, 4.9.x before 4.9.221, 4.14.x before 4.14.178, 4.19.x before 4.19.119, and 5.x before 5.3 allows local users to cause a denial of service (panic) by corrupting a mountpoint reference counter.(CVE-2020-12114)
- usb_sg_cancel in drivers/usb/core/message.c in the Linux kernel before 5.6.8 has a use-after-free because a transfer occurs without a reference, aka CID-056ad39ee925.(CVE-2020-12464)
- The __mptctl_ioctl function in drivers/message/fusion/mptctl.c in the Linux kernel before 5.4.14 allows local users to hold an incorrect lock during the ioctl operation and trigger a race condition, i.e., a 'double fetch' vulnerability, aka CID-28d76df18f0a. NOTE: the vendor states 'The security impact of this bug is not as bad as it could have been because these operations are all privileged and root already has enormous destructive power.'(CVE-2020-12652)
- An issue was found in Linux kernel before 5.5.4. The mwifiex_cmd_append_vsie_tlv() function in drivers/net/wireless/marvell/mwifiex/scan.c allows local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service because of an incorrect memcpy and buffer overflow, aka CID-b70261a288ea.(CVE-2020-12653)
- An issue was found in Linux kernel before 5.5.4.
mwifiex_ret_wmm_get_status() in drivers/net/wireless/marvell/mwifiex/wmm.c allows a remote AP to trigger a heap-based buffer overflow because of an incorrect memcpy, aka CID-3a9b153c5591.(CVE-2020-12654)
- An issue was discovered in xfs_agf_verify in fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_alloc.c in the Linux kernel through 5.6.10. Attackers may trigger a sync of excessive duration via an XFS v5 image with crafted metadata, aka CID-d0c7feaf8767.(CVE-2020-12655)
- In nfc_llcp_build_sdreq_tlv of llcp_commands.c, there is a possible out of bounds write due to a missing bounds check. This could lead to local escalation of privilege with System execution privileges needed. User interaction is not needed for exploitation. Product:
Android. Versions: Android kernel. Android ID:
- An issue was discovered in slc_bump in drivers/net/can/slcan.c in the Linux kernel through 5.6.2. It allows attackers to read uninitialized can_frame data, potentially containing sensitive information from kernel stack memory, if the configuration lacks CONFIG_INIT_STACK_ALL, aka CID-b9258a2cece4.(CVE-2020-11494)
- In the Android kernel in sync debug fs driver there is a kernel pointer leak due to the usage of printf with %p. This could lead to local information disclosure with system execution privileges needed. User interaction is not needed for exploitation.(CVE-2019-9444)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.4.12, drivers/input/input.c has out-of-bounds writes via a crafted keycode table, as demonstrated by input_set_keycode, aka CID-cb222aed03d7.(CVE-2019-20636)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 5.6.2. mpol_parse_str in mm/mempolicy.c has a stack-based out-of-bounds write because an empty nodelist is mishandled during mount option parsing, aka CID-aa9f7d5172fa. NOTE: Someone in the security community disagrees that this is a vulnerability because the issue 'is a bug in parsing mount options which can only be specified by a privileged user, so triggering the bug does not grant any powers not already held.'.(CVE-2020-11565)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.6.1. drivers/media/usb/gspca/ov519.c allows NULL pointer dereferences in ov511_mode_init_regs and ov518_mode_init_regs when there are zero endpoints, aka CID-998912346c0d.(CVE-2020-11608)
- An issue was discovered in the stv06xx subsystem in the Linux kernel before 5.6.1.
drivers/media/usb/gspca/stv06xx/stv06xx.c and drivers/media/usb/gspca/stv06xx/stv06xx_pb0100.c mishandle invalid descriptors, as demonstrated by a NULL pointer dereference, aka CID-485b06aadb93.(CVE-2020-11609)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.5.8, get_raw_socket in drivers/vhost/net.c lacks validation of an sk_family field, which might allow attackers to trigger kernel stack corruption via crafted system calls.(CVE-2020-10942)
- drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon_display.c in the Linux kernel 5.2.14 does not check the alloc_workqueue return value, leading to a NULL pointer dereference. NOTE: A third-party software maintainer states that the work queue allocation is happening during device initialization, which for a graphics card occurs during boot. It is not attacker controllable and OOM at that time is highly unlikely.(CVE-2019-16230)
- In the netlink driver, there is a possible out of bounds write due to a race condition. This could lead to local escalation of privilege with System execution privileges needed. User interaction is not needed for exploitation.Product: AndroidVersions: Android kernelAndroid ID: A-65025077(CVE-2020-0066)
- The kernel in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and MRG-2 does not clear garbage data for SG_IO buffer, which may leaking sensitive information to userspace.(CVE-2014-8181)
- btrfs_root_node in fs/btrfs/ctree.c in the Linux kernel through 5.3.12 allows a NULL pointer dereference because rcu_dereference(root->node) can be zero.(CVE-2019-19036)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.