Fedora Core 1 : iproute-2.4.7-13.2 (2004-115)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 13694
SynopsisThe remote Fedora Core host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update of the iproute package fixes a security problem found in netlink. See CVE-2003-0856.
All users of the netlink application are very strongly advised to update to these latest packages.
- Thu May 06 2004 Phil Knirsch <pknirsch at redhat.com> 2.4.7-13.2
- Built security errata version for FC1.
- Wed Apr 21 2004 Phil Knirsch <pknirsch at redhat.com> 2.4.7-14
- Fixed -f option for ss (#118355).
- Small description fix (#110997).
- Added initialization of some vars (#74961).
- Added patch to initialize 'default' rule as well (#60693).
- Fri Feb 13 2004 Elliot Lee <sopwith at redhat.com>
- Wed Nov 05 2003 Phil Knirsch <pknirsch at redhat.com> 2.4.7-12
- Security errata for netlink (CVE-2003-0856).
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected iproute and / or iproute-debuginfo packages.