New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's implementation of GRO. This flaw allows an attacker with local access to crash the system.(CVE-2020-10720)
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw was found in the Linux kernel's SELinux subsystem. This flaw occurs while importing the Commercial IP Security Option (CIPSO) protocol's category bitmap into the SELinux extensible bitmap via the' ebitmap_netlbl_import' routine. While processing the CIPSO restricted bitmap tag in the 'cipso_v4_parsetag_rbm' routine, it sets the security attribute to indicate that the category bitmap is present, even if it has not been allocated. This issue leads to a NULL pointer dereference issue while importing the same category bitmap into SELinux. This flaw allows a remote network user to crash the system kernel, resulting in a denial of service.(CVE-2020-10711)
- A signal access-control issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.6.5, aka CID-7395ea4e65c2.
Because exec_id in include/linux/sched.h is only 32 bits, an integer overflow can interfere with a do_notify_parent protection mechanism. A child process can send an arbitrary signal to a parent process in a different security domain. Exploitation limitations include the amount of elapsed time before an integer overflow occurs, and the lack of scenarios where signals to a parent process present a substantial operational threat.(CVE-2020-12826)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.4.17. drivers/spi/spi-dw.c allows attackers to cause a panic via concurrent calls to dw_spi_irq and dw_spi_transfer_one, aka CID-19b61392c5a8.(CVE-2020-12769)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 5.6.11. sg_write lacks an sg_remove_request call in a certain failure case, aka CID-83c6f2390040.(CVE-2020-12770)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 5.6.11. btree_gc_coalesce in drivers/md/bcache/btree.c has a deadlock if a coalescing operation fails.(CVE-2020-12771)
- The __mptctl_ioctl function in drivers/message/fusion/mptctl.c in the Linux kernel before 5.4.14 allows local users to hold an incorrect lock during the ioctl operation and trigger a race condition, i.e., a 'double fetch' vulnerability, aka CID-28d76df18f0a. NOTE: the vendor states 'The security impact of this bug is not as bad as it could have been because these operations are all privileged and root already has enormous destructive power.'(CVE-2020-12652)
- An issue was discovered in xfs_agf_verify in fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_alloc.c in the Linux kernel through 5.6.10. Attackers may trigger a sync of excessive duration via an XFS v5 image with crafted metadata, aka CID-d0c7feaf8767.(CVE-2020-12655)
- A pivot_root race condition in fs amespace.c in the Linux kernel 4.4.x before 4.4.221, 4.9.x before 4.9.221, 4.14.x before 4.14.178, 4.19.x before 4.19.119, and 5.x before 5.3 allows local users to cause a denial of service (panic) by corrupting a mountpoint reference counter.(CVE-2020-12114)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.6.5. There is a use-after-free in block/bfq-iosched.c related to bfq_idle_slice_timer_body.(CVE-2020-12657)
- usb_sg_cancel in drivers/usb/core/message.c in the Linux kernel before 5.6.8 has a use-after-free because a transfer occurs without a reference, aka CID-056ad39ee925.(CVE-2020-12464)
- An issue was found in Linux kernel before 5.5.4. The mwifiex_cmd_append_vsie_tlv() function in drivers et/wireless/marvell/mwifiex/scan.c allows local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service because of an incorrect memcpy and buffer overflow, aka CID-b70261a288ea.(CVE-2020-12653)
- gss_mech_free in net/sunrpc/auth_gss/gss_mech_switch.c in the rpcsec_gss_krb5 implementation in the Linux kernel through 5.6.10 lacks certain domain_release calls, leading to a memory leak.(CVE-2020-12656)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.6.7. xdp_umem_reg in net/xdp/xdp_umem.c has an out-of-bounds write (by a user with the CAP_NET_ADMIN capability) because of a lack of headroom validation.(CVE-2020-12659)
- An array overflow was discovered in mt76_add_fragment in drivers et/wireless/mediatek/mt76/dma.c in the Linux kernel before 5.5.10, aka CID-b102f0c522cf. An oversized packet with too many rx fragments can corrupt memory of adjacent pages.(CVE-2020-12465)
- An issue was found in Linux kernel before 5.5.4.
mwifiex_ret_wmm_get_status() in drivers et/wireless/marvell/mwifiex/wmm.c allows a remote AP to trigger a heap-based buffer overflow because of an incorrect memcpy, aka CID-3a9b153c5591.(CVE-2020-12654)
- In the Linux kernel through 5.6.7 on the s390 platform, code execution may occur because of a race condition, as demonstrated by code in enable_sacf_uaccess in arch/s390/lib/uaccess.c that fails to protect against a concurrent page table upgrade, aka CID-3f777e19d171. A crash could also occur.(CVE-2020-11884)
- relay_open in kernel/relay.c in the Linux kernel through 5.4.1 allows local users to cause a denial of service (such as relay blockage) by triggering a NULL alloc_percpu result.(CVE-2019-19462)
- In the Linux kernel 5.0.21, mounting a crafted btrfs filesystem image, performing some operations, and unmounting can lead to a use-after-free in btrfs_queue_work in fs/btrfs/async-thread.c.(CVE-2019-19377)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.5.8, get_raw_socket in drivers/vhost et.c lacks validation of an sk_family field, which might allow attackers to trigger kernel stack corruption via crafted system calls.(CVE-2020-10942)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.