SynopsisThe remote Virtuozzo host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the parallels-server-bm-release / vzkernel / etc packages installed, the Virtuozzo installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Kernel: NetLabel: null pointer dereference while receiving CIPSO packet with null category may cause kernel panic.
- kernel: rtl_p2p_noa_ie in drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtlwifi/ps.c in the Linux kernel lacks a certain upper-bound check, leading to a buffer overflow.
- kernel: buffer overflow in cfg80211_mgd_wext_giwessid in net/wireless/wext-sme.c.
- kernel: out-of-bounds write in mpol_parse_str function in mm/mempolicy.c.
- kernel: use-after-free in n_tty_receive_buf_common function in drivers/tty/n_tty.c.
- kernel: unprivileged users able to create RAW sockets in AF_ISDN network protocol.
- kernel: memory leak in register_queue_kobjects() in net/core/net-sysfs.c leads to denial of service.
- kernel: offset2lib allows for the stack guard page to be jumped over.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Virtuozzo security advisory.
Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected parallels-server-bm-release / vzkernel / etc packages.