SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- In f2fs_xattr_generic_list of xattr.c, there is a possible out of bounds read due to a missing bounds check. This could lead to local information disclosure with System execution privileges needed. User interaction is not required for exploitation.(CVE-2020-0067)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.2 on the powerpc platform.
arch/powerpc/kernel/idle_book3s.S does not have save/restore functionality for PNV_POWERSAVE_AMR, PNV_POWERSAVE_UAMOR, and PNV_POWERSAVE_AMOR, aka CID-53a712bae5dd.(CVE-2020-11669)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.6.1, drivers/media/usb/gspca/xirlink_cit.c (aka the Xirlink camera USB driver) mishandles invalid descriptors, aka CID-a246b4d54770.(CVE-2020-11668)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.4.12, drivers/input/input.c has out-of-bounds writes via a crafted keycode table, as demonstrated by input_set_keycode, aka CID-cb222aed03d7.(CVE-2019-20636)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.6.1. drivers/media/usb/gspca/ov519.c allows NULL pointer dereferences in ov511_mode_init_regs and ov518_mode_init_regs when there are zero endpoints, aka CID-998912346c0d.(CVE-2020-11608)
- An issue was discovered in the stv06xx subsystem in the Linux kernel before 5.6.1.
drivers/media/usb/gspca/stv06xx/stv06xx.c and drivers/media/usb/gspca/stv06xx/stv06xx_pb0100.c mishandle invalid descriptors, as demonstrated by a NULL pointer dereference, aka CID-485b06aadb93.(CVE-2020-11609)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's implementation of some networking protocols in IPsec, such as VXLAN and GENEVE tunnels over IPv6. When an encrypted tunnel is created between two hosts, the kernel isn't correctly routing tunneled data over the encrypted link rather sending the data unencrypted. This would allow anyone in between the two endpoints to read the traffic unencrypted. The main threat from this vulnerability is to data confidentiality.(CVE-2020-1749)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 5.6.2. mpol_parse_str in mm/mempolicy.c has a stack-based out-of-bounds write because an empty nodelist is mishandled during mount option parsing, aka CID-aa9f7d5172fa.(CVE-2020-11565)
- An issue was discovered in slc_bump in drivers/net/can/slcan.c in the Linux kernel through 5.6.2. It allows attackers to read uninitialized can_frame data, potentially containing sensitive information from kernel stack memory, if the configuration lacks CONFIG_INIT_STACK_ALL, aka CID-b9258a2cece4.(CVE-2020-11494)
- btrfs_root_node in fs/btrfs/ctree.c in the Linux kernel through 5.3.12 allows a NULL pointer dereference because rcu_dereference(root->node) can be zero.(CVE-2019-19036)
- ext4_empty_dir in fs/ext4/namei.c in the Linux kernel through 5.3.12 allows a NULL pointer dereference because ext4_read_dirblock(inode,0,DIRENT_HTREE) can be zero.(CVE-2019-19037)
- __btrfs_free_extent in fs/btrfs/extent-tree.c in the Linux kernel through 5.3.12 calls btrfs_print_leaf in a certain ENOENT case, which allows local users to obtain potentially sensitive information about register values via the dmesg program.(CVE-2019-19039)
- In the Linux kernel 5.0.21, mounting a crafted f2fs filesystem image can cause a NULL pointer dereference in f2fs_recover_fsync_data in fs/f2fs/recovery.c. This is related to F2FS_P_SB in fs/f2fs/f2fs.h.(CVE-2019-19815)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.