New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 3.6
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the glibc packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- In the GNU C Library (aka glibc or libc6) through 2.28, the getaddrinfo function would successfully parse a string that contained an IPv4 address followed by whitespace and arbitrary characters, which could lead applications to incorrectly assume that it had parsed a valid string, without the possibility of embedded HTTP headers or other potentially dangerous substrings.(CVE-2016-10739)
- Stack-based buffer overflow in the glob implementation in GNU C Library (aka glibc) before 2.24, when GLOB_ALTDIRFUNC is used, allows context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a long name.(CVE-2016-1234)
- Use-after-free vulnerability in the clntudp_call function in sunrpc/clnt_udp.c in the GNU C Library (aka glibc or libc6) before 2.26 allows remote attackers to have unspecified impact via vectors related to error path.(CVE-2017-12133)
- In the GNU C Library (aka glibc or libc6) through 2.29, check_dst_limits_calc_pos_1 in posix/regexec.c has Uncontrolled Recursion, as demonstrated by '(\227|)(\\1\\1|t1|\\\2537)+' in grep.(CVE-2018-20796)
- ** DISPUTED ** In the GNU C Library (aka glibc or libc6) through 2.29, check_dst_limits_calc_pos_1 in posix/regexec.c has Uncontrolled Recursion, as demonstrated by '(|)(\\1\\1)*' in grep, a different issue than CVE-2018-20796. NOTE: the software maintainer disputes that this is a vulnerability because the behavior occurs only with a crafted pattern.(CVE-2019-9192)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected glibc packages.