New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- In the Linux kernel 5.0.21, mounting a crafted ext4 filesystem image, performing some operations, and unmounting can lead to a use-after-free in ext4_put_super in fs/ext4/super.c, related to dump_orphan_list in fs/ext4/super.c.(CVE-2019-19447)
- This candidate has been reserved by an organization or individual that will use it when announcing a new security problem. When the candidate has been publicized, the details for this candidate will be provided.(CVE-2019-10220)
- ** DISPUTED ** In kernel/compat.c in the Linux kernel before 3.17, as used in Google Chrome OS and other products, there is a possible out-of-bounds read.
restart_syscall uses uninitialized data when restarting compat_sys_nanosleep. NOTE: this is disputed because the code path is unreachable.(CVE-2014-3180)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.0.6, there is a NULL pointer dereference in drop_sysctl_table() in fs/proc/proc_sysctl.c, related to put_links, aka CID-23da9588037e(CVE-2019-20054)
- pointer dereference in drivers/scsi/libsas/sas_discover.c because of mishandling of port disconnection during discovery, related to a PHY down race condition, aka CID-f70267f379b5.(CVE-2019-19965)'
- In the Linux kernel before 5.2.10, there is a race condition bug that can be caused by a malicious USB device in the USB character device driver layer, aka CID-303911cfc5b9. This affects drivers/usb/core/file.c.(CVE-2019-19537)
- Linux Linux kernel version at least v4.8 onwards, probably well before contains a Insufficient input validation vulnerability in bnx2x network card driver that can result in DoS: Network card firmware assertion takes card off-line. This attack appear to be exploitable via An attacker on a must pass a very large, specially crafted packet to the bnx2x card. This can be done from an untrusted guest VM..(CVE-2018-1000026)
- drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_os.c in the Linux kernel 5.2.14 does not check the alloc_workqueue return value, leading to a NULL pointer dereference.(CVE-2019-16233)
- The SCTP socket buffer used by a userspace application is not accounted by the cgroups subsystem. An attacker can use this flaw to cause a denial of service attack.
Kernel 3.10.x and 4.18.x branches are believed to be vulnerable.(CVE-2019-3874)
- fs/ext4/extents.c in the Linux kernel through 5.1.2 does not zero out the unused memory region in the extent tree block, which might allow local users to obtain sensitive information by reading uninitialized data in the filesystem.(CVE-2019-11833)
- A memory leak in the ql_alloc_large_buffers() function in drivers/net/ethernet/qlogic/qla3xxx.c in the Linux kernel before 5.3.5 allows local users to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) by triggering pci_dma_mapping_error() failures, aka CID-1acb8f2a7a9f.(CVE-2019-18806)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.0.11. fm10k_init_module in drivers/net/ethernet/intel/fm10k/fm10k_main.c has a NULL pointer dereference because there is no -ENOMEM upon an alloc_workqueue failure.(CVE-2019-15924)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.0.1. There is a memory leak in register_queue_kobjects() in net/core/net-sysfs.c, which will cause denial of service.(CVE-2019-15916)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.0.14. There is a NULL pointer dereference caused by a malicious USB device in the drivers/usb/misc/yurex.c driver.(CVE-2019-15216)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.1.8. There is a double-free caused by a malicious USB device in the drivers/usb/misc/rio500.c driver.(CVE-2019-15212)
- An issue was discovered in drivers/scsi/qedi/qedi_dbg.c in the Linux kernel before 5.1.12. In the qedi_dbg_* family of functions, there is an out-of-bounds read.(CVE-2019-15090)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.0.
The function __mdiobus_register() in drivers/net/phy/mdio_bus.c calls put_device(), which will trigger a fixed_mdio_bus_init use-after-free. This will cause a denial of service.(CVE-2019-12819)
- ** DISPUTED ** An issue was discovered in the MPT3COMMAND case in _ctl_ioctl_main in drivers/scsi/mpt3sas/mpt3sas_ctl.c in the Linux kernel through 5.1.5. It allows local users to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact by changing the value of ioc_number between two kernel reads of that value, aka a 'double fetch' vulnerability. NOTE: a third party reports that this is unexploitable because the doubly fetched value is not used.(CVE-2019-12456)
- An issue was discovered in drm_load_edid_firmware in drivers/gpu/drm/drm_edid_load.c in the Linux kernel through 5.1.5. There is an unchecked kstrdup of fwstr, which might allow an attacker to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash).
NOTE: The vendor disputes this issues as not being a vulnerability because kstrdup() returning NULL is handled sufficiently and there is no chance for a NULL pointer dereference.(CVE-2019-12382)
- In the Linux Kernel before version 4.15.8, 4.14.25, 4.9.87, 4.4.121, 4.1.51, and 3.2.102, an error in the '_sctp_make_chunk()' function (net/sctp/sm_make_chunk.c) when handling SCTP packets length can be exploited to cause a kernel crash.(CVE-2018-5803)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 4.14.11. A double free may be caused by the function allocate_trace_buffer in the file kernel/trace/trace.c.(CVE-2017-18595)
- An issue was discovered in drivers/i2c/i2c-core-smbus.c in the Linux kernel before 4.14.15. There is an out of bounds write in the function i2c_smbus_xfer_emulated.(CVE-2017-18551)
- An issue was discovered in drivers/scsi/aacraid/commctrl.c in the Linux kernel before 4.13. There is potential exposure of kernel stack memory because aac_get_hba_info does not initialize the hbainfo structure.(CVE-2017-18550)
- An issue was discovered in drivers/scsi/aacraid/commctrl.c in the Linux kernel before 4.13. There is potential exposure of kernel stack memory because aac_send_raw_srb does not initialize the reply structure.(CVE-2017-18549)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.