SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Advanced Update Support.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
Security Fix(es) :
* kernel: use-after-free in fs/xfs/xfs_super.c (CVE-2018-20976)
* kernel: heap overflow in mwifiex_update_vs_ie() function of Marvell WiFi driver (CVE-2019-14816)
* kernel: heap-based buffer overflow in mwifiex_process_country_ie() function in drivers/net/wireless/marvell/mwifiex/sta_ioctl.c (CVE-2019-14895)
* kernel: buffer overflow in cfg80211_mgd_wext_giwessid in net/wireless/ wext-sme.c (CVE-2019-17133)
* kernel: rtl_p2p_noa_ie in drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtlwifi/ps.c in the Linux kernel lacks a certain upper-bound check, leading to a buffer overflow (CVE-2019-17666)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
* Selective backport: perf: Sync with upstream v4.16 (BZ#1782748)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.