SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4 Advanced Update Support, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4 Telco Extended Update Support, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4 Update Services for SAP Solutions.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
Security Fix(es) :
* kernel: use-after-free in fs/xfs/xfs_super.c (CVE-2018-20976)
* kernel: insufficient input validation in kernel mode driver in Intel i915 graphics leads to privilege escalation (CVE-2019-11085)
* kernel: heap-based buffer overflow in mwifiex_process_country_ie() function in drivers/net/wireless/marvell/mwifiex/sta_ioctl.c (CVE-2019-14895)
* kernel: buffer overflow in cfg80211_mgd_wext_giwessid in net/wireless/ wext-sme.c (CVE-2019-17133)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* core: backports from upstream (BZ#1794372)
* Selective backport: perf: Sync with upstream v4.16 (BZ#1782750)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.