New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing a security update.
DescriptionFrom Red Hat Security Advisory 2020:0576 :
An update for thunderbird is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Mozilla Thunderbird is a standalone mail and newsgroup client.
This update upgrades Thunderbird to version 68.5.0.
Security Fix(es) :
* Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 73 and Firefox ESR 68.5 (CVE-2020-6800)
* Mozilla: Out-of-bounds read when processing certain email messages (CVE-2020-6793)
* Mozilla: Setting a master password post-Thunderbird 52 does not delete unencrypted previously stored passwords (CVE-2020-6794)
* Mozilla: Crash processing S/MIME messages with multiple signatures (CVE-2020-6795)
* Mozilla: Message ID calculation was based on uninitialized data (CVE-2020-6792)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected thunderbird package.