SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for curl is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 Extended Update Support.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The curl packages provide the libcurl library and the curl utility for downloading files from servers using various protocols, including HTTP, FTP, and LDAP.
Security Fix(es) :
* curl: HTTP authentication leak in redirects (CVE-2018-1000007)
* curl: FTP path trickery leads to NIL byte out of bounds write (CVE-2018-1000120)
* curl: RTSP RTP buffer over-read (CVE-2018-1000122)
* curl: Out-of-bounds heap read when missing RTSP headers allows information leak or denial of service (CVE-2018-1000301)
* curl: LDAP NULL pointer dereference (CVE-2018-1000121)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.