New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6 Extended Update Support.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
Security Fix(es) :
* kernel: kvm: guest userspace to guest kernel write (CVE-2018-10853)
* kernel: TLB flush happens too late on mremap (CVE-2018-18281)
* kernel: fix race condition between mmget_not_zero()/get_task_mm() and core dumping (CVE-2019-11599)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* RHEL 7.7 RC1 - Host crashes about 4.5 hours into switch port bounce test (BZ#1763623)
* [Azure][7.8] Include patch 'PCI: hv: Avoid use of hv_pci_dev->pci_slot after freeing it' (BZ#1766088)
* [Hyper-V][RHEL7.8] When accelerated networking is enabled on RedHat, network interface(eth0) moved to new network namespace does not obtain IP address. (BZ#1766092)
* [Azure][RHEL 7.6] hv_vmbus probe pass-through GPU card failed (BZ#1766096)
* Since RHEL commit 5330f5d09820 high load can cause dm-multipath path failures (BZ#1770112)
* Hard lockup in free_one_page()->_raw_spin_lock() because sosreport command is reading from /proc/pagetypeinfo (BZ#1770731)
* [ESXi][RHEL7]use-after-free of scsi_cmnd on VMware virtual guest with vmw_pvscsi and ata_piix (BZ#1770737)
* fix compat statfs64() returning EOVERFLOW for when
_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 (BZ #1775677)
* Kernel experiences panic in update_group_power() due to division error (BZ# 1775681)
* Guest crash after load cpuidle-haltpoll driver (BZ#1776288)
* Issues with nova/cinder and attaching disks, /dev/disk/by-id missing some times (BZ#1776291)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.