SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4 Advanced Update Support, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4 Telco Extended Update Support, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4 Update Services for SAP Solutions.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
Security Fix(es) :
* kernel: Use-after-free in __blk_drain_queue() function in block/blk-core.c (CVE-2018-20856)
* Kernel: KVM: potential use-after-free via kvm_ioctl_create_device() (CVE-2019-6974)
* kernel: kvm: guest userspace to guest kernel write (CVE-2018-10853)
* kernel: TLB flush happens too late on mremap (CVE-2018-18281)
* kernel: fix race condition between mmget_not_zero()/get_task_mm() and core dumping (CVE-2019-11599)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* guest softlockup in mem_cgroup_reparent_charges with 800GB guests (BZ# 1770111)
* [RHEL7.7] Refined TSC clocksource calibration occasionally fails on some SkyLake-X servers (BZ#1775682)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.