New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 3.6
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the libpcap package installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- sf-pcapng.c in libpcap before 1.9.1 does not properly validate the PHB header length before allocating memory.(CVE-2019-15165)
- rpcapd/daemon.c in libpcap before 1.9.1 allows SSRF because a URL may be provided as a capture source.(CVE-2019-15164)
- rpcapd/daemon.c in libpcap before 1.9.1 allows attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and daemon crash) if a crypt() call fails.(CVE-2019-15163)
- rpcapd/daemon.c in libpcap before 1.9.1 mishandles certain length values because of reuse of a variable.
This may open up an attack vector involving extra data at the end of a request.(CVE-2019-15161)
- rpcapd/daemon.c in libpcap before 1.9.1 on non-Windows platforms provides details about why authentication failed, which might make it easier for attackers to enumerate valid usernames.(CVE-2019-15162)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected libpcap packages.