SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3 Advanced Update Support, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3 Telco Extended Update Support, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3 Update Services for SAP Solutions.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
Security Fix(es) :
* kernel: Out-of-bounds heap access in xfrm (CVE-2017-7184)
* kernel: Exploitable memory corruption due to UFO to non-UFO path switch (CVE-2017-1000112)
* kernel: Out-of-bounds write via userland offsets in ebt_entry struct in netfilter/ebtables.c (CVE-2018-1068)
* kernel: Memory corruption due to incorrect socket cloning (CVE-2018-9568)
* kernel: Missing check in fs/inode.c:inode_init_owner() does not clear SGID bit on non-directories for non-members (CVE-2018-13405)
* kernel: Use-after-free due to race condition in AF_PACKET implementation (CVE-2018-18559)
* Kernel: page cache side channel attacks (CVE-2019-5489)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* IPv6 UDP inconsistent usage of UFO and HW checksums (BZ#1773816)
* UDPv6 packets badly fragmented when ESP in use on devices supporting UFO (BZ#1774503)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.