SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel-alt is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel-alt packages provide the Linux kernel version 4.x.
Security Fix(es) :
* Kernel: KVM: OOB memory access via mmio ring buffer (CVE-2019-14821)
* kernel: Race condition in drivers/md/dm.c:dm_get_from_kobject() allows local users to cause a denial of service (CVE-2017-18203)
* kernel: use-after-free Read in vhost_transport_send_pkt (CVE-2018-14625)
* kernel: Information leak in cdrom_ioctl_drive_status (CVE-2018-16658)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* IPMI use after free issue seen on Marvell ThunderX2 (BZ#1732163)
* kernel: siginfo delivers SEGV_MAPERR instead of SEGV_ACCERR [rhel-alt-7.6.z] (BZ#1757189)
* [Marvell 7.7 z-stream BUG] CN99xx: DIMM label not extracted in EDAC hw error log (BZ#1721427)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.