EulerOS 2.0 SP2 : curl (EulerOS-SA-2019-2410)
High Nessus Plugin ID 131902
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the curl packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The default configuration for cURL and libcurl before 7.42.1 sends custom HTTP headers to both the proxy and destination server, which might allow remote proxy servers to obtain sensitive information by reading the header contents.(CVE-2015-3153)
- curl before version 7.51.0 uses outdated IDNA 2003 standard to handle International Domain Names and this may lead users to potentially and unknowingly issue network transfer requests to the wrong host.(CVE-2016-8625)
- Heap buffer overflow in the TFTP protocol handler in cURL 7.19.4 to 7.65.3.(CVE-2019-5482)
- Curl versions 7.14.1 through 7.61.1 are vulnerable to a heap-based buffer over-read in the tool_msgs.c:voutf() function that may result in information exposure and denial of service.(CVE-2018-16842)
- The ConnectionExists function in lib/url.c in libcurl before 7.47.0 does not properly re-use NTLM-authenticated proxy connections, which might allow remote attackers to authenticate as other users via a request, a similar issue to CVE-2014-0015.(CVE-2016-0755)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected curl packages.