New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.3
SynopsisThe remote CentOS host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
Security Fix(es) :
* Kernel: KVM: OOB memory access via mmio ring buffer (CVE-2019-14821)
* kernel: local attacker can trigger multiple use-after-free conditions results in privilege escalation (CVE-2019-15239)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* On RHEL 7.7 kernel SCSI VPD information for NVMe drives is missing (breaks InfoScale) (BZ#1752423)
* RHEL7 fnic spamming logs: Current vnic speed set to : 40000 (BZ#1754836)
* kernel build: parallelize redhat/mod-sign.sh (BZ#1755330)
* kernel build: speed up module compression step (BZ#1755339)
* Nested VirtualBox VMs on Windows guest has the potential of impacting memory region allocated to other KVM guests (BZ#1755781)
* NULL pointer dereference at check_preempt_wakeup+0x109 (BZ#1756265)
* Regression: panic in pick_next_task_rt (BZ#1756267)
* ixgbe reports 'Detected Tx Unit Hang' with adapter reset on RHEL 7 (BZ# 1757350)
* [Intel 7.8 Bug] [KVM][CLX] CPUID_7_0_EDX_ARCH_CAPABILITIES is not enabled in VM. (BZ#1757757)
* nvme: dead loop in blk_mq_tagset_wait_completed_request() when it is called from timeout handler (BZ#1758051)
* [mlx5] VF Representer naming is not consistent/persistent through reboots with OSPD deployment (BZ#1759003)
* OS getting restarted because of driver issue with QLogic Corp.
ISP2532-based 8Gb Fibre Channel to PCI Express HBA [1077:2532] (rev 02). (BZ#1759447)
* mlx5: Load balancing not working over VF LAG configuration (BZ#1759449)
* RHEL7.8 - ISST-LTE: vimlp1: Running LTP af_alg04.c (crypto) crash the LPAR (BZ#1763620)
* RHEL7.5 - Fix security issues on crypto vmx (BZ#1763621)
* RHEL 7.7 RC1 - Host crashes about 4.5 hours into switch port bounce test (BZ#1763624)
* RHEL7.6 - cacheinfo code unsafe vs LPM (BZ#1763625)
* xfs hangs on acquiring xfs_buf semaphore (BZ#1764245)
* single CPU VM hangs during open_posix_testsuite (BZ#1766087)
* rcu_sched self-detected stall on CPU while booting with nohz_full (BZ# 1766098)
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.