EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 126.96.36.199 : qemu-kvm (EulerOS-SA-2019-2352)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 131517
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the qemu-kvm packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- In QEMU 3.0.0, tcp_emu in slirp/tcp_subr.c has a heap-based buffer overflow.(CVE-2019-6778)
- A flaw was found in QEMU's Media Transfer Protocol (MTP). The code opening files in usb_mtp_get_object and usb_mtp_get_partial_object and directories in usb_mtp_object_readdir doesn't consider that the underlying filesystem may have changed since the time lstat(2) was called in usb_mtp_object_alloc, a classical TOCTTOU problem. An attacker with write access to the host filesystem, shared with a guest, can use this property to navigate the host filesystem in the context of the QEMU process and read any file the QEMU process has access to. Access to the filesystem may be local or via a network share protocol such as CIFS.(CVE-2018-16872)
- hw/9pfs/cofile.c and hw/9pfs/9p.c in QEMU can modify an fid path while it is being accessed by a second thread, leading to (for example) a use-after-free outcome.(CVE-2018-19364)
- v9fs_wstat in hw/9pfs/9p.c in QEMU allows guest OS users to cause a denial of service (crash) because of a race condition during file renaming.(CVE-2018-19489)
- QEMU, through version 2.10 and through version 3.1.0, is vulnerable to an out-of-bounds read of up to 128 bytes in the hw/i2c/i2c-ddc.c:i2c_ddc() function. A local attacker with permission to execute i2c commands could exploit this to read stack memory of the qemu process on the host.(CVE-2019-3812)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected qemu-kvm packages.