New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.7
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 Extended Update Support.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
Security Fix(es) :
* kernel: Memory corruption due to incorrect socket cloning (CVE-2018-9568)
* kernel: MIDI driver race condition leads to a double-free (CVE-2018-10902)
* kernel: Use-after-free due to race condition in AF_PACKET implementation (CVE-2018-18559)
* Kernel: vhost_net: infinite loop while receiving packets leads to DoS (CVE-2019-3900)
* Kernel: page cache side channel attacks (CVE-2019-5489)
* Kernel: KVM: potential use-after-free via kvm_ioctl_create_device() (CVE-2019-6974)
* Kernel: KVM: nVMX: use-after-free of the hrtimer for emulation of the preemption timer (CVE-2019-7221)
* kernel: Inifinite loop vulnerability in mm/madvise.c:madvise_willneed() function allows local denial of service (CVE-2017-18208)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* A cluster node has multiple hung 'mv' processes that are accessing a gfs2 filesystem. (BZ#1716321)
* Growing unreclaimable slab memory (BZ#1741918)
* [LLNL 7.5 Bug] slab leak causing a crash when using kmem control group (BZ# 1748236)
* kernel build: parallelize redhat/mod-sign.sh (BZ#1755328)
* kernel build: speed up module compression step (BZ#1755337)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.