SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
Security Fix(es) :
* hw: Machine Check Error on Page Size Change (IFU) (CVE-2018-12207)
* hw: TSX Transaction Asynchronous Abort (TAA) (CVE-2019-11135)
* Kernel: vhost_net: infinite loop while receiving packets leads to DoS (CVE-2019-3900)
* hw: Intel GPU Denial Of Service while accessing MMIO in lower power state (CVE-2019-0154)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* [Intel 6.10 Bug] With mWait/C-states disabled, HT on, ibrs enabled, performance impact observed on user space benchmark (BZ#1560787)
* kernel-2.6.32-573.60.2.el6 hangs/resets during boot in efi_enter_virtual_mode() on Xeon v2 E7-2870 (BZ#1645724)
* Slab leak: skbuff_head_cache slab object still allocated after mcast processes are stopped and 'fragments dropped after timeout' errors are shown (BZ#1752536)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.