EulerOS 2.0 SP5 : jasper (EulerOS-SA-2019-2237)
High Nessus Plugin ID 130699
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the jasper package installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The jp2_colr_destroy function in libjasper/jp2/jp2_cod.c in JasPer before 1.900.10 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference).(CVE-2016-8887)
- The jp2_cdef_destroy function in jp2_cod.c in JasPer before 2.0.13 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference) via a crafted image.(CVE-2017-6850)
- The jp2_colr_destroy function in jp2_cod.c in JasPer before 1.900.13 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference) by leveraging incorrect cleanup of JP2 box data on error.
NOTE: this vulnerability exists because of an incomplete fix for CVE-2016-8887.(CVE-2016-10250)
- Heap-based buffer overflow in the jpc_dec_decodepkt function in jpc_t2dec.c in JasPer 2.0.10 allows remote attackers to have unspecified impact via a crafted image.(CVE-2017-6852)
- Race condition in the jas_stream_tmpfile function in libjasper/base/jas_stream.c in JasPer 1.900.1 allows local users to cause a denial of service (program exit) by creating the appropriate tmp.XXXXXXXXXX temporary file, which causes Jasper to exit. NOTE: this was originally reported as a symlink issue, but this was incorrect. NOTE: some vendors dispute the severity of this issue, but it satisfies CVE's requirements for inclusion.(CVE-2008-3521)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected jasper packages.