SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for firefox is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Critical. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Mozilla Firefox is an open source web browser, designed for standards compliance, performance, and portability.
This update upgrades Firefox to version 68.2.0 ESR.
Security Fix(es) :
* Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 70 and Firefox ESR 68.2 (CVE-2019-11764)
* Mozilla: Use-after-free when creating index updates in IndexedDB (CVE-2019-11757)
* Mozilla: Potentially exploitable crash due to 360 Total Security (CVE-2019-11758)
* Mozilla: Stack buffer overflow in HKDF output (CVE-2019-11759)
* Mozilla: Stack buffer overflow in WebRTC networking (CVE-2019-11760)
* Mozilla: Unintended access to a privileged JSONView object (CVE-2019-11761)
* Mozilla: document.domain-based origin isolation has same-origin-property violation (CVE-2019-11762)
* Mozilla: Incorrect HTML parsing results in XSS bypass technique (CVE-2019-11763)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected firefox and / or firefox-debuginfo packages.
File Name: redhat-RHSA-2019-3281.nasl
Supported Sensors: Agentless Assessment, Frictionless Assessment Agent, Frictionless Assessment AWS, Frictionless Assessment Azure, Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: E:U/RL:OF/RC:C
Temporal Vector: E:U/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:firefox, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:firefox-debuginfo, cpe:/o:redhat:enterprise_linux:6
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/RedHat/release, Host/RedHat/rpm-list, Host/cpu
Exploit Ease: No known exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 10/31/2019
Vulnerability Publication Date: 1/8/2020