New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.3
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel-alt is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel-alt packages provide the Linux kernel version 4.x.
Security Fix(es) :
* kernel: MIDI driver race condition leads to a double-free (CVE-2018-10902)
* kernel: Use-after-free in __blk_drain_queue() function in block/blk-core.c (CVE-2018-20856)
* kernel: brcmfmac heap buffer overflow in brcmf_wowl_nd_results (CVE-2019-9500)
* hardware: bluetooth: BR/EDR encryption key negotiation attacks (KNOB) (CVE-2019-9506)
* kernel: a NULL pointer dereference in drivers/scsi/megaraid/ megaraid_sas_base.c leading to DoS (CVE-2019-11810)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* kernel modules pkey and paes_s390 are not available (BZ#1719192)
* pkey: Indicate old mkvp only if old and curr. mkvp are different (BZ# 1720621)
* System dropped into Mon running softboots Exception: 501 (Hardware Interrupt) at c00000000000a814 replay_interrupt_return+0x0/0x4 (ipmi) (BZ# 1737563)
* kernel: jump label transformation performance (BZ#1739143)
* Backport i40e MDD detection removal for PFs (BZ#1747618)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.