SynopsisThe remote Virtuozzo host is missing a security update.
DescriptionAn update for java-1.7.0-openjdk is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The java-1.7.0-openjdk packages provide the OpenJDK 7 Java Runtime Environment and the OpenJDK 7 Java Software Development Kit.
Security Fix(es) :
* OpenJDK: Incorrect handling of nested jar: URLs in Jar URL handler (Networking, 8223892) (CVE-2019-2978)
* OpenJDK: Incorrect handling of HTTP proxy responses in HttpURLConnection (Networking, 8225298) (CVE-2019-2989)
* OpenJDK: Missing restrictions on use of custom SocketImpl (Networking, 8218573) (CVE-2019-2945)
* OpenJDK: NULL pointer dereference in DrawGlyphList (2D, 8222690) (CVE-2019-2962)
* OpenJDK: Unexpected exception thrown by Pattern processing crafted regular expression (Concurrency, 8222684) (CVE-2019-2964)
* OpenJDK: Unexpected exception thrown by XPathParser processing crafted XPath expression (JAXP, 8223505) (CVE-2019-2973)
* OpenJDK: Unexpected exception thrown by XPath processing crafted XPath expression (JAXP, 8224532) (CVE-2019-2981)
* OpenJDK: Unexpected exception thrown during Font object deserialization (Serialization, 8224915) (CVE-2019-2983)
* OpenJDK: Missing glyph bitmap image dimension check in FreetypeFontScaler (2D, 8225286) (CVE-2019-2987)
* OpenJDK: Integer overflow in bounds check in SunGraphics2D (2D, 8225292) (CVE-2019-2988)
* OpenJDK: Excessive memory allocation in CMap when reading TrueType font (2D, 8225597) (CVE-2019-2992)
* OpenJDK: Insufficient filtering of HTML event attributes in Javadoc (Javadoc, 8226765) (CVE-2019-2999)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Note that Tenable Network Security has attempted to extract the preceding description block directly from the corresponding Red Hat security advisory. Virtuozzo provides no description for VZLSA advisories. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected java-1.7.0-openjdk / java-1.7.0-openjdk-demo / etc package.