New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.4
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for qemu-kvm-rhev is now available for Red Hat Virtualization 4 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and Red Hat Virtualization Engine 4.3.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine) is a full virtualization solution for Linux on a variety of architectures. The qemu-kvm-rhev packages provide the user-space component for running virtual machines that use KVM in environments managed by Red Hat products.
Security Fix(es) :
* QEMU: slirp: heap buffer overflow during packet reassembly (CVE-2019-14378)
* QEMU: qxl: NULL pointer dereference while releasing spice resources (CVE-2019-12155)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* ccid: Fix incorrect dwProtocol advertisement of T=0 (BZ#1729880)
* QEMU gets stuck on resume/cont call from libvirt (BZ#1741937)
* [v2v] Migration performance regression (BZ#1743322)
* qemu, qemu-img fail to detect alignment with XFS and Gluster/XFS on 4k block device (BZ#1745443)
* qemu-kvm: backport cpuidle-haltpoll support (BZ#1746282)
* qemu aborts in blockCommit: qemu-kvm: block.c:3486 (BZ#1750322)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.