New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote CentOS host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
Security Fix(es) :
* kernel: Use-after-free in __blk_drain_queue() function in block/blk-core.c (CVE-2018-20856)
* kernel: Heap overflow in mwifiex_update_bss_desc_with_ie function in marvell/mwifiex/scan.c (CVE-2019-3846)
* hardware: bluetooth: BR/EDR encryption key negotiation attacks (KNOB) (CVE-2019-9506)
* kernel: Heap overflow in mwifiex_uap_parse_tail_ies function in drivers/net /wireless/marvell/mwifiex/ie.c (CVE-2019-10126)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fixes :
* gfs2: Fix iomap write page reclaim deadlock (BZ#1737373)
* [FJ7.6 Bug]: [REG] kernel: ipc: ipc_free should use kvfree (BZ#1740178)
* high update_cfs_rq_blocked_load contention (BZ#1740180)
* [Hyper-V][RHEL 7] kdump fails to start on a Hyper-V guest of Windows Server 2019. (BZ#1740188)
* kvm: backport cpuidle-haltpoll driver (BZ#1740192)
* Growing unreclaimable slab memory (BZ#1741920)
* [bnx2x] ping failed from pf to vf which has been attached to vm (BZ# 1741926)
* [Hyper-V]vPCI devices cannot allocate IRQs vectors in a Hyper-V VM with > 240 vCPUs (i.e., when in x2APIC mode) (BZ#1743324)
* Macsec: inbound MACSEC frame is unexpectedly dropped with InPktsNotValid (BZ#1744442)
* RHEL 7.7 Beta - Hit error when trying to run nvme connect with IPv6 address (BZ#1744443)
* RHEL 7.6 SS4 - Paths lost when running straight I/O on NVMe/RoCE system (BZ #1744444)
* NFSv4.0 client sending a double CLOSE (leading to EIO application failure) (BZ#1744946)
* [Azure] CRI-RDOS | [RHEL 7.8] Live migration only takes 10 seconds, but the VM was unavailable for 2 hours (BZ#1748239)
* NFS client autodisconnect timer may fire immediately after TCP connection setup and may cause DoS type reconnect problem in complex network environments (BZ#1749290)
* [Inspur] RHEL7.6 ASPEED graphic card display issue (BZ#1749296)
* Allows macvlan to operated correctly over the active-backup mode to support bonding events. (BZ#1751579)
* [LLNL 7.5 Bug] slab leak causing a crash when using kmem control group (BZ# 1752421)
Users of kernel are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.