New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel-rt is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel-rt packages provide the Real Time Linux Kernel, which enables fine-tuning for systems with extremely high determinism requirements.
Security Fix(es) :
* kernel: Use-after-free in __blk_drain_queue() function in block/blk-core.c (CVE-2018-20856)
* kernel: Heap overflow in mwifiex_update_bss_desc_with_ie function in marvell/mwifiex/scan.c (CVE-2019-3846)
* hardware: bluetooth: BR/EDR encryption key negotiation attacks (KNOB) (CVE-2019-9506)
* kernel: Heap overflow in mwifiex_uap_parse_tail_ies function in drivers/net /wireless/marvell/mwifiex/ie.c (CVE-2019-10126)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* kernel-rt: update to the RHEL7.7.z batch#2 source tree (BZ#1748570)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.