New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe version of Apple iOS running on the mobile device is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Apple iOS running on the mobile device is prior to 13.0. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
- A remote attacker may be able to cause unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution in iOS Foundation. (CVE-2019-8641)
- A cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability exists due to improper validation of user-supplied input before returning it to users. Processing maliciously crafted web content during WebKit page loading may lead to universal cross site scripting. (CVE-2019-8674)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists in iOS Keyboards. An authenticated, local attacker can exploit this, to disclose potentially sensitive information. (CVE-2019-8704)
- An out-of-bounds read error exists in CoreAudio. An authenticated, local attacker can exploit this, via processing a maliciously crafted movie may result in the disclosure of process memory. (CVE-2019-8705)
- A logic issue existed in with display notifications of iOS Bluetooth. Notification previews may show on bluetooth accessories even when previews are disabled. (CVE-2019-8711)
- A logic issue was addressed in iOS Safari. An authenticated, local attacker can exploit this, by Visiting a malicious website may lead to address bar spoofing. (CVE-2019-8727)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists in iOS Quick look. A permission issue existed in which execute permission was incorrectly granted. Processing malicious crafted file may disclose sensitive users information. (CVE-2019-8731)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists in iOS Messages. A person with physical access to an iOS device may be able to access contacts from the lock screen. (CVE-2019-8742)
- A machine learning logic bug exists in iOS FaceID. A 3D model constructed to look like the enrolled user may authenticate via Face ID. (CVE-2019-8760)
SolutionUpgrade to Apple iOS version 13.0 or later