SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the glibc packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Stack-based buffer overflow in the clntudp_call function in sunrpc/clnt_udp.c in the GNU C Library (aka glibc or libc6) allows remote servers to cause a denial of service (crash) or possibly unspecified other impact via a flood of crafted ICMP and UDP packets.(CVE-2016-4429)
- Integer overflow in the strxfrm function in the GNU C Library (aka glibc or libc6) before 2.21 allows context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) or possibly execute arbitrary code via a long string, which triggers a stack-based buffer overflow.(CVE-2015-8982)
- The posix_spawn_file_actions_addopen function in glibc before 2.20 does not copy its path argument in accordance with the POSIX specification, which allows context-dependent attackers to trigger use-after-free vulnerabilities.(CVE-2014-4043)
- res_query in libresolv in glibc before 2.25 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and process crash).(CVE-2015-5180)
- A buffer overflow has been discovered in the GNU C Library (aka glibc or libc6) in the
__mempcpy_avx512_no_vzeroupper function when particular conditions are met. An attacker could use this vulnerability to cause a denial of service or potentially execute code.(CVE-2018-11237)
- In the GNU C Library (aka glibc or libc6) through 2.29, proceed_next_node in posix/regexec.c has a heap-based buffer over-read via an attempted case-insensitive regular-expression match.(CVE-2019-9169)
- The iconv program in the GNU C Library (aka glibc or libc6) 2.25 and earlier, when invoked with the -c option, enters an infinite loop when processing invalid multi-byte input sequences, leading to a denial of service.(CVE-2016-10228)
- The DNS stub resolver in the GNU C Library (aka glibc or libc6) before version 2.26, when EDNS support is enabled, will solicit large UDP responses from name servers, potentially simplifying off-path DNS spoofing attacks due to IP fragmentation.(CVE-2017-12132)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected glibc packages.