SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel-alt is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel-alt packages provide the Linux kernel version 4.x.
Security Fix(es) :
* Kernel: page cache side channel attacks (CVE-2019-5489)
* Kernel: KVM: potential use-after-free via kvm_ioctl_create_device() (CVE-2019-6974)
* kernel: broken permission and object lifetime handling for PTRACE_TRACEME (CVE-2019-13272)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* [kernel-alt]: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer IP:
* [HPE Apache] update ssif max_xmit_msg_size limit for multi-part messages (BZ#1610534)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 - powerpc/pseries: Fix uninitialized timer reset on migration / powerpc/pseries/mobility: Extend start/stop topology update scope (LPM) (BZ #1673613)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 - s390: sha3_generic module fails and triggers panic when in FIPS mode (BZ#1673979)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 - System crashed after oom - During ICP deployment (BZ# 1710304)
* kernel-alt: Race condition in hashtables [rhel-alt-7.6.z] (BZ#1712127)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 - OP930:PM_Test:cpupower -r command set values for first 3 cores in quad and misses last core. (CORAL) (BZ#1717836)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 - disable runtime NUMA remapping for PRRN/LPM/VPHN (BZ# 1717906)
* fragmented packets timing out (BZ#1729066)
* Backport TCP follow-up for small buffers (BZ#1733617)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 - perfevent PMDA cannot create file descriptors for reading nest events using the perf API (pcp/kernel) (CORAL) (BZ#1723036)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.