New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 9.4
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel-alt is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel-alt packages provide the Linux kernel version 4.x.
Security Fix(es) :
* Kernel: page cache side channel attacks (CVE-2019-5489)
* Kernel: KVM: potential use-after-free via kvm_ioctl_create_device() (CVE-2019-6974)
* kernel: broken permission and object lifetime handling for PTRACE_TRACEME (CVE-2019-13272)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* [kernel-alt]: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer IP:
* [HPE Apache] update ssif max_xmit_msg_size limit for multi-part messages (BZ#1610534)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 - powerpc/pseries: Fix uninitialized timer reset on migration / powerpc/pseries/mobility: Extend start/stop topology update scope (LPM) (BZ #1673613)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 - s390: sha3_generic module fails and triggers panic when in FIPS mode (BZ#1673979)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 - System crashed after oom - During ICP deployment (BZ# 1710304)
* kernel-alt: Race condition in hashtables [rhel-alt-7.6.z] (BZ#1712127)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 - OP930:PM_Test:cpupower -r command set values for first 3 cores in quad and misses last core. (CORAL) (BZ#1717836)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 - disable runtime NUMA remapping for PRRN/LPM/VPHN (BZ# 1717906)
* fragmented packets timing out (BZ#1729066)
* Backport TCP follow-up for small buffers (BZ#1733617)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 - perfevent PMDA cannot create file descriptors for reading nest events using the perf API (pcp/kernel) (CORAL) (BZ#1723036)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.