CentOS 6 : firefox (CESA-2019:2694)
High Nessus Plugin ID 128976
SynopsisThe remote CentOS host is missing a security update.
DescriptionAn update for firefox is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
[Updated 25 September 2019] Previously, this erratum was marked as having a security impact of Critical. This was incorrect; the security impact of this erratum has been changed to Important, to correctly reflect the highest impact rating of CVE fixes included in this release. No changes have been made to the packages.
Mozilla Firefox is an open source web browser, designed for standards compliance, performance, and portability.
This update upgrades Firefox to version 60.9.0 ESR.
Security Fix(es) :
* Mozilla: Sandbox escape through Firefox Sync (CVE-2019-9812)
* Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 69, Firefox ESR 68.1, and Firefox ESR 60.9 (CVE-2019-11740)
* Mozilla: Same-origin policy violation with SVG filters and canvas to steal cross-origin images (CVE-2019-11742)
* Mozilla: XSS by breaking out of title and textarea elements using innerHTML (CVE-2019-11744)
* Mozilla: Use-after-free while manipulating video (CVE-2019-11746)
* Mozilla: Use-after-free while extracting a key value in IndexedDB (CVE-2019-11752)
* firefox: stored passwords in 'Saved Logins' can be copied without master password entry (CVE-2019-11733)
* Mozilla: Cross-origin access to unload event attributes (CVE-2019-11743)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected firefox package.