RHEL 8 : thunderbird (RHSA-2019:2774)
High Nessus Plugin ID 128962
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for thunderbird is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Mozilla Thunderbird is a standalone mail and newsgroup client.
This update upgrades Thunderbird to version 60.9.0.
Security Fix(es) :
* Mozilla: Covert Content Attack on S/MIME encryption using a crafted multipart/alternative message (CVE-2019-11739)
* Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 69, Firefox ESR 68.1, and Firefox ESR 60.9 (CVE-2019-11740)
* Mozilla: Same-origin policy violation with SVG filters and canvas to steal cross-origin images (CVE-2019-11742)
* Mozilla: XSS by breaking out of title and textarea elements using innerHTML (CVE-2019-11744)
* Mozilla: Use-after-free while manipulating video (CVE-2019-11746)
* Mozilla: Use-after-free while extracting a key value in IndexedDB (CVE-2019-11752)
* Mozilla: Cross-origin access to unload event attributes (CVE-2019-11743)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected thunderbird, thunderbird-debuginfo and / or thunderbird-debugsource packages.