New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionFrom Red Hat Security Advisory 2019:2713 :
An update for poppler is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Poppler is a Portable Document Format (PDF) rendering library, used by applications such as Evince.
Security Fix(es) :
* poppler: heap-based buffer over-read in XRef::getEntry in XRef.cc (CVE-2019-7310)
* poppler: heap-based buffer overflow in function ImageStream::getLine() in Stream.cc (CVE-2019-9200)
* poppler: heap-based buffer over-read in function PSOutputDev::checkPageSlice in PSOutputDev.cc (CVE-2019-10871)
* poppler: heap-based buffer over-read in JPXStream::init in JPEG2000Stream.cc (CVE-2019-12293)
* poppler: memory leak in GfxColorSpace::setDisplayProfile in GfxState.cc (CVE-2018-18897)
* poppler: NULL pointer dereference in the XRef::getEntry in XRef.cc (CVE-2018-20481)
* poppler: reachable Object::getString assertion in AnnotRichMedia class in Annot.c (CVE-2018-20551)
* poppler: reachable Object::dictLookup assertion in FileSpec class in FileSpec.cc (CVE-2018-20650)
* poppler: SIGABRT PDFDoc::setup class in PDFDoc.cc (CVE-2018-20662)
* poppler: heap-based buffer over-read in function downsample_row_box_filter in CairoRescaleBox.cc (CVE-2019-9631)
* poppler: stack consumption in function Dict::find() in Dict.cc (CVE-2019-9903)
* poppler: integer overflow in JPXStream::init function leading to memory consumption (CVE-2019-9959)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected poppler packages.