New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.7
SynopsisThe remote CentOS host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
Security Fix(es) :
* Kernel: vhost_net: infinite loop while receiving packets leads to DoS (CVE-2019-3900)
* Kernel: page cache side channel attacks (CVE-2019-5489)
* kernel: Buffer overflow in hidp_process_report (CVE-2018-9363)
* kernel: l2tp: Race condition between pppol2tp_session_create() and l2tp_eth_create() (CVE-2018-9517)
* kernel: kvm: guest userspace to guest kernel write (CVE-2018-10853)
* kernel: use-after-free Read in vhost_transport_send_pkt (CVE-2018-14625)
* kernel: use-after-free in ucma_leave_multicast in drivers/infiniband/core/ ucma.c (CVE-2018-14734)
* kernel: Mishandling of indirect calls weakens Spectre mitigation for paravirtual guests (CVE-2018-15594)
* kernel: TLB flush happens too late on mremap (CVE-2018-18281)
* kernel: Heap address information leak while using L2CAP_GET_CONF_OPT (CVE-2019-3459)
* kernel: Heap address information leak while using L2CAP_PARSE_CONF_RSP (CVE-2019-3460)
* kernel: denial of service vector through vfio DMA mappings (CVE-2019-3882)
* kernel: fix race condition between mmget_not_zero()/get_task_mm() and core dumping (CVE-2019-11599)
* kernel: a NULL pointer dereference in drivers/scsi/megaraid/ megaraid_sas_base.c leading to DoS (CVE-2019-11810)
* kernel: fs/ext4/extents.c leads to information disclosure (CVE-2019-11833)
* kernel: Information exposure in fd_locked_ioctl function in drivers/block/ floppy.c (CVE-2018-7755)
* kernel: Memory leak in drivers/net/wireless/ mac80211_hwsim.c:hwsim_new_radio_nl() can lead to potential denial of service (CVE-2018-8087)
* kernel: HID: debug: Buffer overflow in hid_debug_events_read() in drivers/ hid/hid-debug.c (CVE-2018-9516)
* kernel: Integer overflow in the alarm_timer_nsleep function (CVE-2018-13053)
* kernel: NULL pointer dereference in lookup_slow function (CVE-2018-13093)
* kernel: NULL pointer dereference in xfs_da_shrink_inode function (CVE-2018-13094)
* kernel: NULL pointer dereference in fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_inode_buf.c (CVE-2018-13095)
* kernel: Information leak in cdrom_ioctl_drive_status (CVE-2018-16658)
* kernel: out-of-bound read in memcpy_fromiovecend() (CVE-2018-16885)
* Kernel: KVM: leak of uninitialized stack contents to guest (CVE-2019-7222)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Additional Changes :
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.7 Release Notes linked from the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.