SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing a security update.
DescriptionFrom Red Hat Security Advisory 2019:2663 :
An update for firefox is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
[Updated 24 September 2019] Previously, this erratum was marked as having a security impact of Critical. This was incorrect; the security impact of this erratum has been changed to Important, to correctly reflect the highest impact rating of CVE fixes included in this release. No changes have been made to the packages.
Mozilla Firefox is an open source web browser, designed for standards compliance, performance, and portability.
This update upgrades Firefox to version 68.1.0 ESR.
Security Fix(es) :
* Mozilla: Sandbox escape through Firefox Sync (CVE-2019-9812)
* Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 69 and Firefox ESR 68.1 (CVE-2019-11735)
* Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 69, Firefox ESR 68.1, and Firefox ESR 60.9 (CVE-2019-11740)
* Mozilla: Same-origin policy violation with SVG filters and canvas to steal cross-origin images (CVE-2019-11742)
* Mozilla: XSS by breaking out of title and textarea elements using innerHTML (CVE-2019-11744)
* Mozilla: Use-after-free while manipulating video (CVE-2019-11746)
* Mozilla: Use-after-free while extracting a key value in IndexedDB (CVE-2019-11752)
* Mozilla: Cross-origin access to unload event attributes (CVE-2019-11743)
* Mozilla: Persistence of WebRTC permissions in a third party context (CVE-2019-11748)
* Mozilla: Camera information available without prompting using getUserMedia (CVE-2019-11749)
* Mozilla: Type confusion in Spidermonkey (CVE-2019-11750)
* Mozilla: Content security policy bypass through hash-based sources in directives (CVE-2019-11738)
* Mozilla: 'Forget about this site' removes sites from pre-loaded HSTS list (CVE-2019-11747)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected firefox package.