SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for java-1.8.0-ibm is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Supplementary.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
IBM Java SE version 8 includes the IBM Java Runtime Environment and the IBM Java Software Development Kit.
This update upgrades IBM Java SE 8 to version 8 SR5-FP40.
Security Fix(es) :
* IBM JDK: Out-of-bounds access in the String.getBytes method (CVE-2019-11772)
* IBM JDK: Failure to privatize a value pulled out of the loop by versioning (CVE-2019-11775)
* OpenJDK: Insufficient checks of suppressed exceptions in deserialization (Utilities, 8212328) (CVE-2019-2762)
* OpenJDK: Unbounded memory allocation during deserialization in Collections (Utilities, 8213432) (CVE-2019-2769)
* OpenJDK: Missing URL format validation (Networking, 8221518) (CVE-2019-2816)
* OpenJDK: Insufficient restriction of privileges in AccessController (Security, 8216381) (CVE-2019-2786)
* libpng: use-after-free in png_image_free in png.c (CVE-2019-7317)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.
File Name: redhat-RHSA-2019-2585.nasl
Supported Sensors: Frictionless Assessment Agent, Frictionless Assessment AWS, Frictionless Assessment Azure, Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: E:U/RL:OF/RC:C
Temporal Vector: E:U/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:java-1.8.0-ibm, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:java-1.8.0-ibm-demo, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:java-1.8.0-ibm-devel, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:java-1.8.0-ibm-jdbc, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:java-1.8.0-ibm-plugin, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:java-1.8.0-ibm-src, cpe:/o:redhat:enterprise_linux:7
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/RedHat/release, Host/RedHat/rpm-list, Host/cpu
Exploit Ease: No known exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 9/2/2019
Vulnerability Publication Date: 2/4/2019