CentOS 7 : opensc (CESA-2019:2154)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 128365
SynopsisThe remote CentOS host is missing a security update.
DescriptionAn update for opensc is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The OpenSC set of libraries and utilities provides support for working with smart cards. OpenSC focuses on cards that support cryptographic operations and enables their use for authentication, mail encryption, or digital signatures.
The following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version:
opensc (0.19.0). (BZ#1656791)
Security Fix(es) :
* opensc: Buffer overflows handling responses from Muscle Cards in card-muscle.c:muscle_list_files() (CVE-2018-16391)
* opensc: Buffer overflows handling responses from TCOS Cards in card-tcos.c:tcos_select_file() (CVE-2018-16392)
* opensc: Buffer overflows handling responses from Gemsafe V1 Smartcards in pkcs15-gemsafeV1.c:gemsafe_get_cert_len() (CVE-2018-16393)
* opensc: Buffer overflow handling string concatention in tools/ util.c:util_acl_to_str() (CVE-2018-16418)
* opensc: Buffer overflow handling responses from Cryptoflex cards in cryptoflex-tool.c:read_public_key() (CVE-2018-16419)
* opensc: Buffer overflows handling responses from ePass 2003 Cards in card-epass2003.c:decrypt_response() (CVE-2018-16420)
* opensc: Buffer overflows handling responses from CAC Cards in card-cac.c:cac_get_serial_nr_from_CUID() (CVE-2018-16421)
* opensc: Buffer overflow handling responses from esteid cards in pkcs15-esteid.c:sc_pkcs15emu_esteid_init() (CVE-2018-16422)
* opensc: Double free handling responses from smartcards in libopensc/ sc.c:sc_file_set_sec_attr() (CVE-2018-16423)
* opensc: Out of bounds reads handling responses from smartcards (CVE-2018-16427)
* opensc: Infinite recusrion handling responses from IAS-ECC cards in card-iasecc.c:iasecc_select_file() (CVE-2018-16426)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Additional Changes :
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.7 Release Notes linked from the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected opensc package.