New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version:
Security Fix(es) :
- opensc: Buffer overflows handling responses from Muscle Cards in card- muscle.c:muscle_list_files() (CVE-2018-16391)
- opensc: Buffer overflows handling responses from TCOS Cards in card- tcos.c:tcos_select_file() (CVE-2018-16392)
- opensc: Buffer overflows handling responses from Gemsafe V1 Smartcards in pkcs15-gemsafeV1.c:gemsafe_get_cert_len() (CVE-2018-16393)
- opensc: Buffer overflow handling string concatention in tools/util.c:util_acl_to_str() (CVE-2018-16418)
- opensc: Buffer overflow handling responses from Cryptoflex cards in cryptoflex-tool.c:read_public_key() (CVE-2018-16419)
- opensc: Buffer overflows handling responses from ePass 2003 Cards in card-epass2003.c:decrypt_response() (CVE-2018-16420)
- opensc: Buffer overflows handling responses from CAC Cards in card- cac.c:cac_get_serial_nr_from_CUID() (CVE-2018-16421)
- opensc: Buffer overflow handling responses from esteid cards in pkcs15-esteid.c:sc_pkcs15emu_esteid_init() (CVE-2018-16422)
- opensc: Double free handling responses from smartcards in libopensc/sc.c:sc_file_set_sec_attr() (CVE-2018-16423)
- opensc: Out of bounds reads handling responses from smartcards (CVE-2018-16427)
- opensc: Infinite recusrion handling responses from IAS-ECC cards in card-iasecc.c:iasecc_select_file() (CVE-2018-16426)
SolutionUpdate the affected opensc and / or opensc-debuginfo packages.