New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for redhat-virtualization-host is now available for Red Hat Virtualization 4 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The redhat-virtualization-host packages provide the Red Hat Virtualization Host. These packages include redhat-release-virtualization-host, ovirt-node, and rhev-hypervisor.
Red Hat Virtualization Hosts (RHVH) are installed using a special build of Red Hat Enterprise Linux with only the packages required to host virtual machines. RHVH features a Cockpit user interface for monitoring the host's resources and performing administrative tasks.
The following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version:
imgbased (1.1.9), ovirt-node-ng (4.3.5), redhat-release-virtualization-host (4.3.5), redhat-virtualization-host (4.3.5). (BZ#1669357, BZ#1669365, BZ#1684986, BZ# 1711193, BZ#1717250, BZ#1726917)
Security Fix(es) :
* python: regression of CVE-2019-9636 due to functional fix to allow port numbers in netloc (CVE-2019-10160)
* rsyslog: imptcp: integer overflow when Octet-Counted TCP Framing is enabled (CVE-2018-16881)
* edk2: stack overflow in XHCI causing denial of service (CVE-2019-0161)
* openssl: 0-byte record padding oracle (CVE-2019-1559)
* cockpit-ovirt: admin and appliance passwords saved in plain text variable file during HE deployment (CVE-2019-10139)
* sssd: improper implementation of GPOs due to too restrictive permissions (CVE-2018-16838)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.