CentOS 6 : kernel (CESA-2019:2473)
High Nessus Plugin ID 127919
SynopsisThe remote CentOS host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
Security Fix(es) :
* Kernel: page cache side channel attacks (CVE-2019-5489)
* kernel: Salsa20 encryption algorithm does not correctly handle zero-length inputs allowing local attackers to cause denial-of-service (CVE-2017-17805)
* kernel: Unprivileged users able to inspect kernel stacks of arbitrary tasks (CVE-2018-17972)
* kernel: hw: Spectre SWAPGS gadget vulnerability (CVE-2019-1125)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* OOPS with NULL pointer exception in v4l2_ctrl_query_menu when second arg of function is NULL (BZ#1647975)
* Another RHEL 6 hang in congestion_wait() (BZ#1658254)
* kernel crash after running user space script (BZ#1663262)
* RHEL-6.10: Don't report the use of retpoline on Skylake as vulnerable (BZ# 1666102)
* Bad pagetable: 000f '*pdpt = 0000000000000000 *pde = 0000000000000000' RHEL 6 32bit (BZ#1702782)
* fs/binfmt_misc.c: do not allow offset overflow [6.10.z] (BZ#1710149)
* Wrong spectre backport causing linux headers to break compilation of 3rd party packages (BZ#1722185)
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.