SynopsisThe remote Virtuozzo host is missing a security update.
DescriptionAn update for java-1.8.0-openjdk is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The java-1.8.0-openjdk packages provide the OpenJDK 8 Java Runtime Environment and the OpenJDK 8 Java Software Development Kit.
Security Fix(es) :
* OpenJDK: Side-channel attack risks in Elliptic Curve (EC) cryptography (Security, 8208698) (CVE-2019-2745)
* OpenJDK: Insufficient checks of suppressed exceptions in deserialization (Utilities, 8212328) (CVE-2019-2762)
* OpenJDK: Unbounded memory allocation during deserialization in Collections (Utilities, 8213432) (CVE-2019-2769)
* OpenJDK: Missing URL format validation (Networking, 8221518) (CVE-2019-2816)
* OpenJDK: Missing array bounds check in crypto providers (JCE, 8223511) (CVE-2019-2842)
* OpenJDK: Insufficient restriction of privileges in AccessController (Security, 8216381) (CVE-2019-2786)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Note that Tenable Network Security has attempted to extract the preceding description block directly from the corresponding Red Hat security advisory. Virtuozzo provides no description for VZLSA advisories. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected java-1.8.0-openjdk / java-1.8.0-openjdk-debug / etc package.