SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for libjpeg-turbo is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The libjpeg-turbo packages contain a library of functions for manipulating JPEG images. They also contain simple client programs for accessing the libjpeg functions. These packages provide the same functionality and API as libjpeg but with better performance.
Security Fix(es) :
* libjpeg: NULL pointer dereference in cjpeg (CVE-2016-3616)
* libjpeg-turbo: heap-based buffer over-read via crafted 8-bit BMP in get_8bit_row in rdbmp.c leads to denial of service (CVE-2018-14498)
* libjpeg-turbo: Divide By Zero in alloc_sarray function in jmemmgr.c (CVE-2018-11212)
* libjpeg: Segmentation fault in get_text_gray_row function in rdppm.c (CVE-2018-11213)
* libjpeg: Segmentation fault in get_text_rgb_row function in rdppm.c (CVE-2018-11214)
* libjpeg: 'cjpeg' utility large loop because read_pixel in rdtarga.c mishandles EOF (CVE-2018-11813)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Additional Changes :
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.7 Release Notes linked from the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.
File Name: redhat-RHSA-2019-2052.nasl
Supported Sensors: Frictionless Assessment Agent, Frictionless Assessment AWS, Frictionless Assessment Azure, Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: E:U/RL:OF/RC:C
Temporal Vector: E:U/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:libjpeg-turbo, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:libjpeg-turbo-debuginfo, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:libjpeg-turbo-devel, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:libjpeg-turbo-static, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:libjpeg-turbo-utils, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:turbojpeg, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:turbojpeg-devel, cpe:/o:redhat:enterprise_linux:7
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/RedHat/release, Host/RedHat/rpm-list, Host/cpu
Exploit Ease: No known exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 8/6/2019
Vulnerability Publication Date: 2/13/2017